To obtain a non resident visa the applicant must
- Provide a current passport with an expiration date at least six months away.
- Have completed and signed the application.
- Provide a passport size photo.
- Flight itinerary.
- Provide official or company letter stating purpose of the trip, in case of an official or business trip.
- In the case of minors, the application has to be signed by both parents and presented along with the birth certificate of the minor. If the minor is traveling alone, with just one parent or a third party, an authorization signed before a notary public is requested, along with a copy of the ID cards of both parents.
- Pay the multiple entry visa fee of US$ 160.00, in cash or money order payable to the Embassy of Paraguay. No personal checks.
- It is mandatory that the applicant MUST appear in person when applying for VISAS to enter the Republic of Paraguay. For those applicants whom cannot appear in person, they might apply for VISAS ON ARRIVAL when they arrive at the “Silvio Pettirossi” International Airport in Asuncion-Paraguay, by paying the appropriate fee (160.00 US$). Visas requested by mail will NOT be granted.
VISAS ON ARRIVAL
The NON-RESIDENT Visas on Arrival are provided at the "Silvio Pettirossi" International Airport in Asunción, Paraguay. Those visas will only be valid for the maximum period of ninety (90) days.
The requirements to obtain the Visa on Arrival are:
1. Valid passport.
2. Payment IN CASH for the established amount.
Costs for the Visas on Arrival are as follows:
- Citizens of AUSTRALIA U$S 135.00
- Citizens of CANADA U$S 150.00
- Citizens of UNITED STATES OF AMERICA U$S 160.00
- Citizens of NEW ZELAND U$S 140.00
- Citizens of REPUBLIC OF CHINA (TAIWAN) U$S 100.00
- Citizens of RUSSIA U$S 160.00
Only citizens of the countries listed above can obtained the Visa on Arrival. Citizens of others countries must apply previously at this Embassy in person.